(1) Thorp, J.H. and A.P. Covich. 2010. Ecology and Classification of North American Freshwater Invertebrates, pp. 587-657. Elsevier Inc. Boston.
(2) Cummings, K.W. and R.W. Merritt. 1996. An Introduction to the Aquatic Insects of North America. Kendall and Hunt Publishing Company. Boston.
(3) Kormondy, E.J. 1959. The systematics of Tetragoneuria, based on ecological, life history, and morphological evidence (Odonata: Corduliidae). Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Zoology. 107.
(4) Ubukata, H. 1984. Oviposition site selection and avoidance of additional mating by females of the dragonfly, Cordulia aenea Amurensis selys (Corduliidae). Restoration and Population Ecology 26: 285–301.
(5) Rivera, A.C., C. Utzeri and S.S. Carbone. 1999. Emergence and adult behavior of Macromia splendens (Pictet) in Galicia, northwestern Spain (Anisoptera: Corduliidae). Odonatologica 28: 333–342.